Saturday, August 11, 2007

Getting really real

Oh My Goodness, this thing is getting real.
Yesterday I sent word to the bands to send me contracts. Once I get that read over and filled out, i'll have to send in deposits.

Lots of people have been encouraging, and have said they would support it.
This is the first of what I hope will be several concerts on the levee.
I am depending on my community to support me in this. It will be financed pretty much through donations. I believe the money will come in.

I have a bank account set up at CornerBank in Arkansas City. If anyone wants to donate, you can contact me, or go to CornerBank and say its for the "Christain Music Festival" fund.

I hope no one is put off by the word "Christian."
It is a sad commentary on our society when that word is considered a bad word by some people, but thats fodder for another column another day.

Probably in the 80's "Christian Rock" was a cut below mainline secular rock, but these days it has caught up from a quality standpoint, and from a technological standpoint.

It is interesting to me that many bands are not calling themselves "Christian" bands anymore. I like that idea. In my own life I don't separate the Christian from the secular. Art is art is art...

That's quiet a tangent. Anyway ...

I feel it is important to have that first show for free.

I think the most interesting thing is just that I keep learning new things. Little did I know that 2-3 months is not enough time to put on a concert. Oh well, sometimes its better to not know what can't be done.

But this show is relatively small in the overall scheme of things.

This is my way of trying to do something positive to change attitudes in Arkansas City.

I'm still looking for help. If anyone wants to get involved, get in touch with me.

james

No comments: