Monday, August 20, 2007

The vision takes shape

Howdy folks.

Our music festival is about two months away, and it is starting to take shape.
The times are set, and the bands are set. We have about decided on the schedule too, probably start it at 6 p.m. on Oct. 23.

There's still lots of things to do, and we still need a good bit of money.

There is a bank account set up at CornerBank, called the Christian Music Fund, where donations can be made.

This is the first music festival of what I hope will be many to come.

I have a vision for Arkansas City, and I am going to do what I can to make it happen.
I have a few really cool people helping me so far. Telisa Rohr and Monica Hinson, just to name two, are warriors that make things happen.
We have a few others helping.
We could use a few more, so if you would like to get involved, give us a call.

But back to the vision.

My dream is to have more concerts and more festivals for music.
I like music of all kinds. Southern Rock, followed by Southern Gospel, are my two favorites, but music is music. So really, I don't care if its rock and roll or the symphony playing classical tunes.

I do draw the line at gangsta rap, but thats another story.

There are lots of high-quality musicians in our area. I see no reason to not take advantage of that and have more venues for performing.

Our first festival does have two "out of town" acts. It also has two local groups.

I hope to have more shows. Arkansas City could be come a regional center for live music. Actually make it Cowley County. Winfield has some great events as well. All the towns of Cowley COunty could get involved.

Anyone else have this vision?

No comments: