Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What's this about a music festival?

Well, the wheels are slowly starting to turn, and I'm finally starting to get a bit nervous.
I have never tried anything like this before, so I don't even know what can't be done.
I am planning a contemporary Christian (dare I say rock and roll) festival for Arkansas City.
This blog will keep people up to date on the goings on concerning the festival.

Here is the basic deal.
On Oct. 21 there will be 3 or 4 bands performing near the levee in south Arkansas City.
Not sure when the show will start, but the bands are about lined up.

This is the Monday of Arkalalah week, so maybe we can attract some of that crowd over when they are not busy.

I have had great encouragement by everyone.
I still need financial contributions as well as prizes to give away. I need help of all kinds, so if you are interested, get in touch with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that you are a Blues Brothers fan. Did you know that there is a Blooz Brothers band out of Chicago? They're pretty good
and they bear a strong resemblance to John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd.